The main purpose of the threaded rods is to fasten and join objects together. Most often the objects are made of concrete, metal or wood. Tool steel, on the other hand, is a type of carbon or alloy steel that is subjected to different processes until they are hardened into other forms of tools.
Acier Lachine offers a complete range of threaded rods and tool steel on request.
Please click any of the below sections and explore the wide range and the technical specifications of the inventory of our threaded rods and tool steel. In case you will not find the desired product or dimension of the existing ones, please contact our representatives and they are going to find the products in the necessary dimensions for you.
Threaded Rods are widely used in most engineering and construction projects. They are also used in plumbing and heating as well as in electrical and fabrication works to perform mounting, bracing, supporting, and fastening functions.
Here are the main features of the threaded rods:
1. They are easy to use and install
2. They have a smooth finishing especially those that are rolled
3. They come in different sizes and designs
4. Can work with any application that requires fastening.
Acier Lachine carries three different threaded rod series: Unified National Coarse (UNC), Unified National Fine (UNF), and 8-Thread Series (8UN).
Unified National Coarse (UNC) Thread
The UNC Thread Series – the most common designation for all thread rods
Unified National Fine (UNF) Thread
The UNF tread is used for precision applications.
8-Thread Series (8UN) Thread
The 8UN tread is used for bolts 1” in diameter and larger.
The tool steel is mainly used for making tools used in manufacturing processes or machining metal, wood and plastic.
Here are the key features of the tool steel:
1. They are hard and thus cannot be deformed
2. They can withstand high temperatures
3. They are not affected by abrasives
4. They can be used to shape other materials
5. They are used in mechanical parts either to reduce the weight or the size of the parts or to make them resistant to wear
6. They are designed for use in high strength processes
Le contenu de cette page est également disponible en: Français